Hi ! 🙂 This is a guide to install a stable custom ROM of Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S4 GT-19500 device. The custom ROM is an Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) downloaded from xda developers.
“ROM Firmware Required: Lollipop Bootloader and Modem, TWRP 3.1.1 as Recovery”- xda develeopers.
- Currently, my device is having Lollipop 5.0.1. You can follow my previous guide to install Lollipop on GT-19500.
- Download the twrp-3.1.1-0-i9500.img.tar to PC, for the installation of TWRP 3.1.1 as recovery. (Note* : it is requried to have this particular version of TWRP for this flashing)
- Download the aokp_ja3gxx_nougat_unofficial_2017-06-11_0903.zip to PC, which is the custom ROM we are going to flash.
Step 1: Install the TWRP 3.1.1 recovery using Odin software on PC.
- Turn Off the device –> Press Volume Down+Power+Home for the Download/Odin mode on device –> Plug the USB cable to PC –> open Odin software –> Select AP –> Select the img.tar file –> Start. (For a complete guid, please refer to my previous post)
Step 2: Flash ROM using the ADB Sideload option on TWRP 3.1.1.
(Note*: I assume your PC is setup with Android SDK tools and can use adb commads)
- Turn off the device –> Press Volume Up+Power+Home for the Recovery mode.
- Select “Advanced” -> “ADB Sideload” -> “Swipe to Start Sideload”
- Now plug the device to the PC.
- Open command prompt and peform the command.
adb sideload aokp_ja3gxx_nougat_unofficial_2017-06-11_0903.zip
Note*: If you get “error: Closed”, then try the following commands
adb devices adb usb adb sideload aokp_ja3gxx_nougat_unofficial_2017-06-11_0903.zip
Once the sideload is completed, the device will be rebooted and the new ROM will be installed.
Step 3: Install Xposed
- Download the xposed-v88-sdk25-arm.zip for Nougat to PC from the xda devleopers.
- Use TWRP 3.1.1 recovey’s ADB Sideload to install th zip.
adb sideload xposed-v88-sdk25-arm.zip
Cheers !! 🙂